Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Are We Doing Enough For Our Children?

I think this country should spend as much time taking care of people's mental diseases as they do physical diseases.

With all the mass shootings going on around the country, I think they should have classes in all schools about bullying, feelings, cliques, feeling left out, being shy, low self-esteem, etc.  It shouldn't be a one hour class a month.  Or talking to kids AFTER something like this happens.  It should be a weekly class like gym, or art class.

I think schools should make it feel like a safe place to talk about what is going on at home.  And like I said in another post, have parenting classes for all age ranges of parenting children.

There has to be something we can do to help these children know how to make better choices.  I understand that some mental illnesses can not be treated, but I'm sure the majority of the mass shootings were done by children that didn't feel heard, or didn't fit in.  If they did, maybe someone would have noticed a change in their behavior.

My condolences go out to the families that were shot and to the family of the child that did this.

No comments:

Post a Comment