Friday, October 21, 2016

Googling Ingredients?

Am I the only one that Google's ingredients?  Well, I just googled the ingredients on the Sensodyne Toothpaste in my medicine cabinet.  I use to use it, but now I make my own toothpowder with bentonite clay, baking soda & cinnamon.  But my DH uses it once in awhile.  On the active ingredient list is the words sodium nitrate.
And when I look it up it says it's other name is saltpeter.  Now I don't know if any of you have ever heard of that, but it was used in the army to keep men from getting erections.  The Merriam-Webster dictionary describes it as:  A white powder that exists naturally in some soils and that is used especially as a fertilizer, in medicine, and to make gunpowder.

Well I don't know about you, but I don't want my family using this.  Now I will have to scrutinize food labels even more than I do now.  This is craziness! No thank you toothpaste companies, I will stay with my toothpowder that has actually brightened my teeth and done away with the sensitivity more than your Sensodyne ever did.

I hope this gets at least some of you that read this to start reading labels of things you put in your home.  Especially things that your children will be using.

Have a healthy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment