Thursday, November 8, 2012

Afraid of Smart Phones

My husband is the type of person that never ever wanted a smart phone. He had the kind that just made phone calls because he said, "that's what phones are for"! I, on the other hand, will use any kind of new technology you give me even if I don't know how to use it.

Since I got my smart phone I play a lot of games, get on FB, check maps and read my mail every 5 minutes. My husband was actually getting jealous of all the time I spent on my phone. So when his contract was up this year I kept saying, "Get a smart phone"! To be more specific, get an iPhone! The iPhone 4 was free at the time because the 5 had just come out.

So we went to the Verizon store and he bought the iPhone 4. It was like a little kid getting his first toy. I could not believe how happy he was and how much fun he was having with it. He is not very tech savy. He doesn't even use his email account on our computer so I was a little worried.  I downloaded a few of the apps I use like Words With Friends so we could play games together when he's at work and I downloaded a few quiz apps so he would have something fun to do while waiting in the morning. 

Today he came home from work and showed ME an app that he had downloaded (all by himself) and I was quite impressed. It was something I had never heard about called Around Me.

Now he is not so upset when I am sitting around playing with my phone because he can do the same thing and knows how much fun it can be. I did give him the FB app and setup an account for him and put some friends in there, but he still isn't into the social networking facet of the phone. But I bet that someday, I will open up my FB page and there will be a post from him. Even if it is only on my birthday saying Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment