Monday, January 21, 2013

The Best Free Weight Loss Site (not a scam)

In February, 2008 I was googling yoga to find a studio. I ended up finding an awesome weight loss sight. It's called Sparkpeople.com!


I was living away from my friends and family and this site not only helped me lose weight, it also helped me meet people in my new area and helped me find others to exercise with.

Since moving back home I have gained some of the weight back and have again turned to this wonderful site for weight loss help.  I've always gone on the site to check in on friends or post food every once in awhile.

Nowadays it has an app which makes it great on the run. You can add all your foods for the day or of foods you eat.  It tallies up all the vitamins and minerals that you get in your food and tells you how much sodium and calories, etc. you have left for the day.  It has groups you can join and people you can talk to online or meet in person.  You can even blog and others can read them, or you can keep them private.  It's all individually done as to what you want to accomplish.  And recently they've added a barcode scanner.

It has video exercises and places to ask questions to professionals.  Sparkpeople even has menus.  They have plenty of vegetarian and vegan recipes too, which is a reason I liked it from the start.

As I add things on Sparkpeople, I will also be updating my blog on my progress. Having it all out there will give me no place to hide. Which is what I have realized I've been doing with my weight.

It's funny how the larger you get, the more invisible you become to people around you. It's like they're embarrassed for you and don't know what to say so they pretend you're not around.  Or maybe it's because I feel uncomfortable being heavy so I don't put myself out there.

I don't usual want people to see the real me because they might not like what they see. But as I've aged I have realized that it doesn't matter.  I am the only one that needs to approve of myself.  No matter what I weigh, I will always be a crazy, spiritual, open-minded individual wether you like it or not.

If you happen to join the site, my name is Ravon27.

Have an awesome day and please be good to yourself and others!

2 comments:

  1. Ruth, you connected me with Spark back then and agree. I on occassion go back as well and now want to start again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I was hoping people would try it out and not think it was a site that tries to get you to buy things. I wish you luck and thanks for reading my blog! It's nice to feel heard.

    ReplyDelete