Sunday, August 28, 2016

RV Cooking

I've been trying to plan what kinds of food my husband and I will be cooking on our adventure.  I've looked up a bunch of vegan and vegetarian recipes that look pretty good, but not many recipes online for that sort of thing.  I call myself a vegetarian, but am really a vegan that loves butter.  Since there are so many types of vegetarians I just thought I would add another one.  Gary is a carnivore.  He will mostly be eating vegan meals with maybe a few grilled burgers or steak in between.  I'm hoping that we lose weight on this adventure do to the fact that we will be doing a lot of walking and eating mostly healthy foods.




We will try and stop by lots of farmers markets due to the fact that Ruby has a very small refrigerator








and a practically non existent freezer. Bringing a huge bag of rice and beans which should cook up quickly in the crockpot/pressure cooker I purchased and adding fresh veggies should be easy enough.  They said that using the burners on the RV stovetop will use up a lot of propane.  This way we plug into the campsite and use their electricity.  And with the pressure cooker things will cook faster and we don't have to stay inside the camper while it's on.


As many of my family members know, I like to research anything I'm planning on doing so that I can do it the quickest and easiest way possible.  I don't like wasting time or money.
Still trying to figure out what these are on the bottom shelf of the fridge door.

No comments:

Post a Comment