Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Finally, But For How Long?

I went to my nephew's Holiday Concert this morning.  And what to my wonderous eyes should appear, but a police officer at the front door.

It's nice that they did this when lots of people were showing up at the school, but shouldn't this be happening everyday.  Someone to stop the horror before it gets into the school!

I couldn't help but be thankful for all of the children and teachers in that school.  That they were fine, and getting to celebrate like others around the country should be able to.  Not taking their childhood and joy from them at such a young age.

As I looked at the kids singing on stage, I wondered what problems they have in their lives that no one has recognized.  Problems that they, at such a young age may think are the worse thing ever.  Are parents asking their children the right questions?  What are the right questions?

Then I remembered my nephew telling me that him and his twin brother have been being bullied.  The school knows and they still don't do anything about it.  Well, I wanted to take matters into my own hands and asked my sister which ones were the bullies.  I wanted to take their picture and make a
Wanted Posted.  Place it around the school, "Wanted For Bullying"!  Does public humiliation stop the problem or make it worse?  I see some towns making kids hold signs up of what they've done wrong.  Is it different if it is coming from an outside source?

All people are talking about nowadays is gun control!  I think it needs to be other things.  I think we all need to take our hand and hold it out for someone that needs it.  If we see something that doesn't seem right, ask questions.  Sometimes parents are too close to the issue and do not want to see what is right in front of them.  We need to keep our eyes open because it does take a village to raise a child.

Hope everyone is having a hopeful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment